Bylaws, grants, SOGs, recruiting and fundraising information for Volunteer firefighters

 Article Details


In partnership with the NVFC:



Texas volunteer firefighter loses home in blaze - 2/17/2017

By FireRescue1 Staff

BLOSSOM, Texas — A firefighter’s home was completely destroyed in a fire Wednesday night. 

Blossom Fire Chief Jeff Stover said when he received the call, he thought it was his address. However, it turned out to be his neighbor and colleague’s home, Capt. Guner Booth.

“I kind of panicked, because I thought it was my house. So I tried to get here as quick as I could and I got here and it was my neighbor's, who is a Captain on our fire department. It was just very emotional," Chief Stover said.

Capt. Booth, his wife and 7-month-old son were at his father’s house when the fire broke out, reported KXII

"It started in the electrical panel. It looks like there was a wire that came loose at some point and arced up against the panel and finally broke through and started the fire in the laundry room," Chief Stover said. 

Capt. Booth and his wife were able to recover a small amount of clothing. 

"That's pretty much what we are worried about, is the baby clothes, diapers and stuff. We'll manage, me and my wife, we're worried about him," Capt. Booth said.

Colleagues are organizing a fundraiser to help replace items and clothing.

 

Tonight we had a structure Fire at one of our members houses. He has been a loyal hard working member of our department...

Posted by Blossom Vfd on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

 


Copyright 2017 About Us Advertising Contact Us Privacy Policy Powered by: